Bloomington Drain Cleaning Services
Unclogging Drains Throughout Normal & Surrounding Areas
If your drains are frequently clogging, it is time to call the professionals. Covenant Plumbing has been expertly providing drain cleaning services to Bloomington residents since opening our doors in 2006. While a backed-up drain might seem like a small issue, it can often be a symptom of a larger plumbing problem. Luckily, our trusted plumbers are fully licensed, insured, and bonded and specialize in tackling even your toughest drain problem. We proudly go above and beyond your expectations by not only solving your drainage problem, but also providing honest, expert advice for preventing clogged drains in the future.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can be a nightmare to deal with, and the best way to deal with them is to prevent them from happening in the first place. A big part of that is understanding what is most likely to start or contribute to the forming of a clog:
- Tree roots: Even the smallest crack in your underground pipes can be enough space for a tree root to work its way inside and grow until it completely blocks the pipe. Regular inspections can help you catch this problem early.
- Food waste: Even if you have a garbage disposal, you should never let food go down your drain. It gets stuck inside your pipes far too easily and is a common cause of clogs.
- Grease and fats: These substances are especially dangerous to pour down the drain whether in liquid or solid form. Not only will it stick to the sides of drains, it will also catch and collect other things that find their way down the drain and form a substantial clog.
- Soap residue: Bar soap is made using fat, and it will bind with minerals present in your tap water and leave behind a residue known as soap scum. It’s far better for your drains to use liquid soap instead.
- Hair: This is most prevalent in tub and shower drains, but can also be a serious problem for sinks if you shave your beard in there. Make sure to clean out any hair rather than let it flow down the drain.
How to Prevent Clogged Drains
- Avoid putting food down the garbage disposal: Even though small food items like coffee grounds, rice, and grease seem harmless, these foods can severely impact your plumbing system and lead to clogged drains.
- Use drain screens as much as possible: Trapping food, hair, and soap scum in a screen will prevent clogs from occurring in your pipes and minimize potential mineral buildup. Do not forget to clean these screens often to prevent any material from leaching past them.
- Periodically rinse out your drains: It can be hard to determine if your drain is experiencing minor blockages, so flushing your sink with water and vinegar once a month can be an effective preventative measure.
- Create a maintenance plan: It might seem counter-intuitive, but having professionals regularly examine your plumbing system is the best way to prevent future plumbing problems from occurring.
Even when you diligently protect your plumbing system, clogs and blockages happen. Our expert plumbers work with you to evaluate your system, break any clogs, and offer honest advice about the best maintenance plan for your needs. We provide residents of Bloomington with professional drain cleaning services for even the toughest clogs!
How to Know If You Need Drain Cleaning
While there are a variety of possible causes behind a clogged drain, the symptoms of a clog or the warning signs, are the same. If you notice any of the following issues with your plumbing system, you need to call our team of plumbing experts right away to perform a cleaning.
Signs of a Blocked Drain:
- You hear odd sounds from your toilets, showers, and sinks, similar to gurgling or bubbling
- The toilet has issues flushing or is backing up and overflowing
- Your water takes a longer amount of time to drain completely
- There is a foul odor coming from your kitchen or bathroom sink
- Your water pressure begins to fluctuate
- The drain repeatedly becomes clogged
Forgoing a cleaning and leaving a clog as is can have detrimental consequences for your plumbing. An untreated drain clog can develop into a complete blockage. This can be harmful to your pipes, leading them to crack and even burst in severe enough cases. If your pipes burst you could be faced with flooding, serious leaks, or significant water damage. That’s why it’s imperative you reach out to a professional plumber at the first indication of a problem.
Rely On Us For All Your Drain Cleaning Needs in Bloomington
At Covenant Plumbing, we believe drainage issues should never be a headache. Our skilled and fully licensed plumbers want to remove the hassle of plumbing services by providing honest and reliable service that fits your budget and schedule. When you call Covenant Plumbing, you are calling a family-owned and locally operated business that cares about the health and safety of you and your home. Our full-service plumbing company offers so much more than simple drain cleaning. We happily offer a variety of plumbing services that we guarantee will be always honest, reliable, and high-quality.
Full Service Company
Family Owned & Operated