Bloomington Piping & Repiping Services
Preserving the Plumbing Systems of Normal & Surrounding Areas
You use our home’s plumbing system constantly, and it can be easy to think that your plumbing system will last forever. However, normal wear and tear, in addition to time, weather, and water quality, can negatively impact your pipes and overall plumbing system. The skilled plumbers at Covenant Plumbing provide piping and repiping services to homes in Bloomington and throughout central Illinois.
Replacing Your Pipes
If you are concerned about the condition of your plumbing system, our highly trained plumbers can thoroughly inspect your pipes to determine if repiping is your best option. We pride ourselves on honest service and will never recommend something you don’t need.
While pipes are made from sturdy materials and can sometimes last a century, many factors can drastically decrease this lifespan. Two things that are always beneficial to know are: when your piping was originally installed, and what material your pipes are made of. These two factors can play a large role in determining whether or not you need repiping in your home.
The most common types of piping materials are:
- Brass: Under optimal conditions, brass pipes can last between 40-70 years.
- Copper: While the lifespan of copper pipes can be over 50 years, it is drastically affected by the water quality in your area. If your water’s pH levels tend to run more acidic, your pipes can corrode.
- Cast Iron: Although you do not see this material in pipes throughout your home, cast iron is a commonly used material for drains and waste pipes. These pipes are incredibly thick and have been known to last up to 100 years.
- Galvanized: This material (which is typically steel with a zinc coating) stopped being used around the early 1960s and has a lifespan of about 40-50 years, so older homes are especially at risk of these pipes becoming fragile and rupturing.
- Plastic: Taking the form of either PVC, CPVC, or the most popular, PEX, these pipes can last up to 80 years and don’t run into the same corrosion issues as brass and copper pipes. However, plastic pipes can become brittle when exposed to the elements, causing leaks or ruptures.
Once you know the age and materials used for you pipes, keep an eye out for signs of trouble like discolored water, low water pressure throughout your home, and frequent plumbing leaks. While we all get busy, and it can be all too easy for small signs like these to go unnoticed, catching signs of damage early can often mean less intensive repairs down the line.
If you are noticing a problem with your pipes, call (309) 518-9292 now to schedule your piping or repiping service.
At Covenant Plumbing, We Keep Our Promises
Our professionals don’t take our jobs lightly. We know that when you contact us you are concerned about the health and safety of your home and need reliable results fast. All of our plumbers are not only fully licensed, insured, and bonded, but also professional, courteous, and hard-working. Our team isn’t satisfied until you are satisfied, and we are proud of the stellar reputation we have throughout central Illinois. If you are looking for plumbers who take promises seriously, look no further than Covenant Plumbing.
Full Service Company
Family Owned & Operated