Photo By Natalia Kokhanova at istock
It is Monday morning, and it is cold outside. You need a warm shower to help you wake up. The last thing you need is a cold shower, although it will wake you up it will not put you in a good frame of mind for the day ahead. If you need a water heater repair, who do you turn to in Normal, IL to fix it?
That is an easy choice, pick up the phone and call the water heater repair experts at Covenant Plumbing. Our carefully selected team has many years of experience dealing with water heater repair, installation, and maintenance.
If you do not believe us, then check out one of the many testimonials from our satisfied customers, most of our clients have relied on our services for several years due to transparent pricing, expertise, and impeccable manners.
No water heater repair is too complex for us. Unlike many of our competitors, we offer an emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
What Type of Water Heaters Are There?
- Conventional Water Heater – These are the most common type of water heater and consist of a single, large, insulated tank with a capacity of between 20 to 80 gallons. The tank is always kept heated so that there is always a large quality of hot water available. They are usually cheaper to buy and install, but energy bills are higher as the water is constantly heated.
- Tankless Water Heater – These are smaller and more compact because they do away with the need for a large external tank. They are more energy-efficient as they only produce hot water on demand. These water heaters are more expensive to buy and in the case of gas fires heaters are more expensive to install (because you will need air vents) but will save you money in the long term because of lower energy bills.
- Hybrid Tankless Water Heater – One of the disadvantages of the tankless water heater is that there is not an immediate supply of hot water. This type of heater contains a small tank with hot water. These units are ideal if you use hot water in small amounts, for example, if you wash your hands a lot during the day. Something we have all started to do recently.
We at Covenant Plumbing strongly advise the installation of a tankless water heater. They are the most eco-friendly option. If they are well maintained, they can last over 15 years and reduce the need for any expensive water heater repair.
Increase the Working Life of Your Water Heater with Regular Maintenance
Covenant Plumbing advises that you have your water heater regularly serviced. This will guarantee that it is working safely and running as economically as possible, saving you on energy bills and giving you peace of mind. Its useful working life will also be extended.
Any warranty that you have on the water heater may be invalided if it is not maintained regularly. It has been calculated that the average cost of a water heater repair is dramatically costly for the average middle-class family, it makes perfect sense and saves you money in the long term if it is well maintained.
Be Careful Not Overburden Your Water Heater
Not getting enough hot water for your shower is a warning sign, but before you ring Covenant Plumbing for a water heater repair, first consider how many water appliances you have on. You could be overloading your water heater by using too many appliances at the same time.
Your water heater may struggle to handle the load and even shut down. If this happens too often the continuous stress on the system with cause the unit to break down needing an expensive repair. A short-term solution is to limit the number of appliances you have working at any one time. But ideally, it is probably better to upgrade your water heater.
With such a confusing number of water heaters on the market, it is difficult to decide which one is best suited to you. Let us at Covenant Plumbing help you with deciding what is the correct sized unit for you and your budget.
Common Issues with Tankless Water Heaters
Nowadays most people install tankless water heaters in their homes. Tankless units tend to be very reliable, but sometimes they do break down. If you need a water heater repair, then call Covenant Plumbing for a speedy repair.
There are several shared problems that tankless water heaters experience:
- Mineral Buildup – In hard water areas there is a high mineral content in the water. Minerals will deposit on the working parts in your heater and gum up values, and any hoses or tubes in the heater.
- Water softeners will slow this build-up of minerals, but it would be better to have your system descaled twice a year. Not doing so will increase the risk of needing a water heater repair or even a complete replacement.
- The Exhaust or Intake Vent is Blocked – A gas-powered tankless water heater needs a constant supply of fresh air to enable combustion. It also needs to be able to expel dangerous combustion gases like carbon monoxide, to prevent them from entering your home. Your vents need to be cleaned periodically to prevent any blocking.
- Gas Flame Failure – this can be due to a faulty gas valve or a gas supply interruption to the home.
The cost of a repair can vary but can depend on the age of your unit and what type of model it is. For an older and less common model, it may be difficult to find replacement parts. A tankless heater has a more sophisticated operating mechanism and may take more time to diagnose and repair.
Why Choose Covenant Plumbing of Normal, IL?
Covenant Plumbing is a family-run business and takes great pride in serving the local community around Normal, IL. We live and breathe family values.
Our highly trained plumbers can quickly find and repair any plumbing problems. We offer regular service packages to keep your plumbing system running, we are proud to be an honest plumbing service with affordable prices which also provides our hardworking team members with healthy wages.
We understand the stress caused by any plumbing emergency and we will strive to send a plumber around to you ASAP, whatever the time of day or night.