Labor Day weekend is here! We can’t wait to celebrate the unofficial end of summer with family, friends, and BBQs. However, before you turn on the grill, you’ll want to keep these plumbing tips in mind.
Labor Day Weekend Plumbing Tips
- Watch what you put in the disposal – Be careful what you put down your garbage disposal. Starchy, string and fibrous foods can clog the drain or damage disposal blades.
- Know where your main water valve is – In the event of an emergency, it’s important that you know where your main water valve is. This will help prevent flooding damage if you do run into any plumbing problems this weekend.
- Put a garbage bin in the bathroom – If you are having guests over, be sure to place a garbage bin in the bathroom. You don’t want guests to flush anything other than toilet paper and waste down your drains!
- Keep a plunger handy – Since Labor Day parties feature a spread of delicious foods, people could visit the bathroom often. To avoid having any issues with clogged toilets, keep a plunger near the toilet. Not only will this allow any blockages to be removed immediately, but it will also save your guests from any embarrassment.
- Know where your toilet shutoff valve is – If your toilet does overflow, you need to know where your toilet shut off valve is.
- Check your hose bib – Now that the summer is winding to a close, it’s time to check your hose bib. A leaky garden hose can lead to spikes in your water bill!
- Freshen up your garbage disposal – Freshen up any leftover smells by throwing a few citrus peels at your disposal. The peels will clean your blades and freshen up the smell.
Covenant Plumbing is here to help you with any of your plumbing needs and emergencies! Contact us at .
Visit us on Facebook for great plumbing tips!